POW-POW; Playing Offensive against the Spammers

P = ACCOUNT_TPS * 2(LEVEL_CPS * ACCOUNT_TPS) / log(ACCOUNT_AGE)
THREAT = P / NETWORK_CPS

Let's define a spammer as an entity increasing the CPS and users as entities whose actions/transactions do not increase the cps. We can differentiate a user's transaction from a spammer's transactions by looking at the transaction's tendency to increase the cps. At the same time, it could be Binance, so thus defining threat as a function of all factors contributing to the increase in cps and known differences between a spammer and a user.

The network updates certain variables at NETWORK_TIME T in an interval X (time).

ACCOUNT_TPS:
If a transaction is made in the same interval X:
ACCOUNT_TPS = block_height since the last interval

otherwise:
ACCOUNT_TPS = (block_height - previous block_height) divided by ACCOUNT_AGE

NETWORK_CPS = CPS of the network at NETWORK_TIME

LEVEL_TPS :
There are n = 38 levels created at 10% of Nano raw.
if LEVEL_CPS[n] at T > LEVEL_TPS[n] at T-1:
{
LEVEL_CPS [n] = total number of confirmed transactions from a level in an interval divided by total number of transactions confirmed by the network in that interval.
}
else:
LEVEL_CPS [n] = (LEVEL_CPS[n] at T-1) / 2

ACCOUNT_AGE : Age of the account. Starts with 2. And increases by 1 for every interval since the creation of the account.

Normally, the account age is supposed to be the total number of intervals since the creation of the account.

Testing the perseverance of an attacker:

Let's introduce another variable: NUM_CONTINUOUS_TRANSACTIONS

NUM_CONTINUOUS_TRANSACTIONS: Total number of continuous transactions.

if ACCOUNT_TPS > 1 //if it's a transaction within the interval
{
NUM_CONTINUOUS_TRANSACTIONS += 1
}
else
{
if NUM_CONTINUOUS_TRANSACTIONS != 0
{
NUM_CONTINUOUS_TRANSACTIONS -= 1
}
}

if NUM_CONTINUOUS_TRANSACTIONS == 0 and ACCOUNT_AGE > 16
{
ACCOUNT_AGE = 2 //The account has been sleeping for a while
}

This way, someone really using the network can take advantage of the account_age, at the same it also creates a barrier of entry for spammers.

If the transactions are queued based on the threat they pose to increase the cps, we can even have the bottom X% of the queue to do the higher pow to begin with.

This draft is an update from the previous draft. It attempts to improve on the function. Since I haven't explained many reasonings, feel free to ask questions, make suggestions, or point where I am wrong.

Hey, could you give a ELI5 example. From what I've gather, you are proposing a way to detect a wallet as THREAT from transactions?

Hi, I still need to work on a few things, so I will try to explain my approach.

Yes, that's what I am proposing. And the approach is: let's say the network is used by you, me, 10 other people, binance and kraken. The cps of the network is between 20-25. If the cps of the network goes up, it means either a spammer has entered the network, or the demand for the network has gone up. The concept says anyone who is increasing the cps should get lower priority. But the implementation faces certain problem from mass account attacks.