New project ideations

It occurs to me that as the price/adoption of nano increases, third party development interest will also increase. I think we may be on the cusp of that happening again; in 2017/2018, many developers took notice of nano/raiblocks because of the rapid increase in unit price. I assume this will happen again -- increased price/adoption => increased developer attention/enthusiasm.

It seems a good idea if there's a dedicated place for not only completed projects, but projects people want to work on/think would be good to work on to connect interested developers with ideas of merit. Such a venue could provide opportunity for dreamers and doers - visionaries and programmers. If there were a utility that allowed people to provide feedback and vote for ideas they were particularly interested in, it could provide guidance and beta-users for developers. The ideas could be posted by merchants/individuals/developers/whomever, and could provide a place to connect with other developers too.

I don't know the best place for such a forum to reside, only know that it's likely to be needed/helpful once the price/awareness really begins to increase.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

Brainstorming some developer & business ideas:

• ATMs

• Blogging platform

• Books about Nano's technology & history

• Cashback systems

• Crowdfunding service

• Custodial services (a vault for tech-illiterate customers)

• Credit cards

• Debit cards

• Escrow platform

• Fiat gateways (low fee, mobile access, low friction)

• Financial derivatives for Nano (e.g. Bakkt)

• Gambling sites (sports, poker, etc)

• Mining other cryptocurrencies & being paid in Nano

• Mixing services

• News site for Nano

• Nano node implementation in different languages

• Podcast for Nano

• Price trackers

• Remittance services

• Smart cards

• Streaming payments

• Tipping plugins

• Vending machines

10 Likes

The lack of fiat gateways I think is a big barrier. Not that I think people would need fiat currency, but for initial adoption it's a really good channel. It also increases the market cap if the gateway sells it at a higher price and add a fee so they have profit.

1 Like