I couldn't care less if this question has been asked here 1,000+ times before. Clearly it needs to be asked again

I looked at nano, and I thought I might as well invest $20 in it and see what that turns into over time.
I swapped some $DASH for $NANO on the Atomic Wallet, and later I decided that I wanted to move that over to bitcoin for the halving. I saw that Binance.us had already generated a $NANO address for my account by default, so I sent my $NANO over to there, for whatever reason I wasn't going to use atomic, I think that may just have been because the swap alternative was estimated to be 20 minutes or something, and I needed to do it asap to get a good price. How sickeningly ironic.

Now, nearing 24 hours, for a transaction of a currency that should take around 5 seconds or less, I finally discover that the reason I hadn't received the nano (after an hour scouring all of the places I could've possibly sent the nano, because I'd thought I had just sent it somewhere else when I got back to it the next day), and the reason is because my receiving account needs to publish to the blockchain to be considered "active". I don't see a way to cancel the send and get the money back, so what in the world is this preventing? Is directly sending $20 worth of nano not enough to show that "hey! maybe someone wants to use this account for something!"? Apparently it's not. Am I supposed to send more? If so, then this is the most overworked scam I've ever seen that is so terribly done.

Hmmm... Maybe I'll go to the website and find support/help. Where the heck is support??? Oh, this isn't their main site... just the speed checker... shouldn't that be obvious? Why does anyone have to search every corner to simply know this information? Okay, here is the main website, finally. Wait... there's no support here either... oh, "Connect>Connect With Us" that must be it.
Nothing here tells me anything about how to begin to find help! Just social media, a place to build programs, github, etc.! "Learn More>Resources" is devoid of anything user-practical. The only projects I've seen that have user guidance and accessibility as sh*tty as this one have been blatant scams... but for anyone's sake I want my damned $20, or what might've now been $30, back so I guess I'll see what "Forums" is...

OH MY GOD FINALLY SOMETHING THAT HAS ONE GLIMPSE OF POSSIBLY BEING SOMETHING THAT CAN... wait... ofFS they want me to create an account now?!?!??! WHY THE HELL WAS ANY OF THIS NECESSARY TO BEGIN WITH!?!?!??!?!?! YOU KNOW WHAT? FINE! ALL MAKE AN ACCOUNT JUST TO TELL YOU HOW UTTERLY DISGUSTED I AM FOR EVER HAVING THOUGHT YOU MIGHT BE SOMETHING THAT COULD WORK!!! NANO HAS BROKEN MY RECORD FOR THE MOST PATHETICALLY MANAGED PROJECT OF IT'S SIZE THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN! HOW THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU COULD EVEN BEGIN TO BE QUALIFIED TO SECURE AND CREATE A PRODUCT WITHIN THE GROUP OF THE LITERAL FOUNDATION OF ANY COMMUNITY'S ECONOMY? NANO LOOKED AWESOME! 5 SECOND TRANSFERS, POTENTIALLY INCREASED BLOCKCHAIN SECURITY, "EASE OF ACCESS" ... BUT NO NORMAL PERSON WOULD EVER WANT TO DEAL WITH THE SHIT I WAS GIVEN TODAY...

I'm sorry... I get aggressive in expressing problems with services/products that just have a massive storehouse of things to criticize, and when that service/product has had more than enough time to fix them. I don't know how to else to get my thoughts through, because most people are so passive aggressive, and with my autism, not only does anybody being that way make me want to never see them again, but I would rather be stabbed by a six inch knife in my thigh than need to use that form of communication to get something through. Support representatives are the most commonly and extremely passive-aggressive subset of people that I know, and I'm gonna have to do more of this stuff with other companies after I get this issue fixed.

I just want my $20 back and I'm done.

Hi Caddark,

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience and I'm sure you are very frustrated.
It sounds like the Binance node isn't receiving your nano. Would you be willing to share your address or the tx hash, so I can see what the problem is?

3 Likes

https://nanocrawler.cc/explorer/block/FE3860E806D9A00BC3D2E633F86E745140A858AC31D6A463DEA838F3D17505FC

Thank you.

So it seems like you've successfully sent the NANO from your atomic wallet but Binance is not detecting the deposit. Can you send a screenshot of your Binance deposit address so we can check if you sent it to the right place? If you did then this is a problem on Binance's side and the only way to resolve this would be to talk to Binance Support.

1 Like

Yeah so this is definitely a problem on Binance's side. The NANO transaction went through without problem but Binance isn't detecting it. You will have to contact Binance support (they're usually really responsive and helpful so you should be in good hands!).

I hope you give NANO another try in the future! As a user of NANO myself I am always amazed by how quick NANO is when you send it between wallets.

5 Likes

Sad to hear you ran into such a problem with Binance. That's really quite odd. For what it's worth, I just sent you some Nano to play around with. Try playing with Nano using another wallet like Magnum, or better yet download Natrium on mobile for an optimal experience, and bounce the Nano back and forth between accounts. Hope you get your issue sorted out. Binance has always been reliable for me in the past. You can also consider using Kucoin or Kraken in the future.

Edit: You can also visit nanopvp.com and try to double your stack.

1 Like

Thank you, and again, I'm sorry about the aggression in my post. I realized I hadn't taken any L-Theanine, which I need to take to reduce tension stress. For some reason I get tense 20x faster than almost anyone else I know, physically and mentally, and L-Theanine is what saves me from needing benzodiazepines.

For some reason Binance.us doesn't seem to detect my support ticket(s) either... I would at least have expected some automated response by now. Binance is acting very odd right now...

I tweeted them too...

Seems that they're taking longer to respond to support requests these days. Just sent you some more to play around with. I hope they reply and fix the issue.

1 Like

Wow, thank you, that’s really kind of you to do. I’ve gotten less stressed, and I think when I wrote this I was kind of taking out a whole month’s worth of troubleshooting various cryptocurrency issues, each of which took way, way too long to fix. I was completely unfair to nano and it’s community here. It really does seem like a cool project, and I’m thinking that I’ll continue looking into it after the BTC halving.

Binance America’s Twitter responded to me asking for info and now I’m waiting for them to get back to me. I am very impressed by how nice both of you have been to me even when I cam in here and started being a complete jerk. Thank you so much.

Fonso, do you have an ERC20 address? I’d like to send you some tokens from a community project that I’ve been helping out in. It started at the beginning of April and were trying to give this token value by the quality of its community, with no ico, ieo, or any other pre-funding either. Its tag is $GRT and the current website is goldenratiotoken.site

Why thank you Caddark! It'd be a pleasure to learn about open-community projects. I'll check the website out today. Here it is:
0x6371aF1e46C855B095055E159820fad6fA323B65

Glad to hear that Binance have responded to you. Hopefully they fix things right away :slight_smile: