How to legally obtain NANO in WA State USA? How do people from Washington get NANO legally?

I have been researching cryptocurrencies the past couple days and am interested in getting some NANO. (currently I don't have any). I am pretty new to it all, (I just have a little bit of crypto on Coinbase that I got from watching videos on there). Coinbase doesn't have a NANO trading pair and I live in Washington State which seems to be banned by all the other exchanges I have looked at. So basically, how can I legally get any NANO? Is there a crypto-only exchange that trades NANO somewhere I can use that doesn't have to comply with any USD regulations or something?
There are about 7 million people who live in WA State, and we have Seattle and Amazon and a lot of tech companies like Microsoft, so there has Got to be some people out there from Washington that know how to get NANO right?
I wanted to put some of my birthday money towards investing in it, but it seems like such a pain in the ass just to be able to buy a few bucks worth! Anyone from Washington who is legally compliant, able to help me out here?

I have Coinbase, I just need a way to get NANO from here without breaking the law!

1 Like

Hey there!

I can't provide you with the full picture of availability in your state but it looks to me like Washington State is supported by both Moonpay and Simplex - which are common gateways for USD and are implemented by lots of exchanges and services.

Recommend you take a look into these and decide if they are what you are looking for,

All the best!

1 Like

According to this link https://support.moonpay.io/hc/en-gb/articles/360009280177-Which-cryptocurrencies-do-you-support-

Moonpay says only non US residents can purchase NANO.

Apparently US residents can only purchase the following cryptocurrencies on MoonPay:

0x (ZRX)
Basic Attention Token (BAT)
Bitcoin (BTC)
Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
Chainlink (LINK)
Dai (DAI)
EOS (EOS)
Ethereum (ETH)
Litecoin (LTC)
OMG Network (OMG)
Paxos Standard (PAX)
Stellar (XLM)
Tether (ERC-20) (USDT)
TrueUSD (TUSD)
USD Coin (USDC)
XRP (XRP)

NANO is not in the list. :pensive:

Simplex doesn't do SWIFT bank transfers...only SEPA.

Okay. I have successfully acquired a little bit of NANO. I used ChangeNOW.io and it worked. Hopefully this helps someone.

If you want to show your appreciation for this information, I would be most thankful!

nano_1qr3y9debh4teocq68i7eg5hmpjirdr9h9ssyo4dhmx774rocz8ifrzbegwe

1 Like